AMCD Multicultural and Social Justice Counseling Summit
As a 2018-2019 presidential initiative, the Association for Multicultural Counseling and Development (AMCD) is proud to present the Multicultural and Social Justice Counseling Summit June 21-22, 2019 in Orlando, Florida. Join AMCD for a 2-day Summit focusing on the role of counselors in responding to mental health disparities with racially/ethnically marginalized populations at the University of Central Florida campus.
- To engage counseling practitioners, educators, trainees and related professionals in interdisciplinary dialogue on mental health disparities with racially/ethnically marginalized populations across multiple identities.
- To disseminate multicultural research addressing mental health disparities.
- To center the Multicultural and Social Justice Counseling Competencies (MSJCC; 2015) in social justice action through individual counseling and community advocacy.
- To empower counseling practitioners, educators, trainees and related professionals with strategies and best practices for counseling advocacy at individual, community and public policy levels.
Please see the following document for the AMCD 2019 Summit Program Schedule (.pdf version)
Plenary Session Speakers
The Opening Session features members of the Multicultural Counseling Competencies Revision Committee commissioned by AMCD Past President, Dr. Carlos Hipolito-Delgado.
The Summit also features a cross-disciplinary roster of speakers, including:
Dr. Benjamin Cook
Director of the Health Equity Research Lab, Director of Research in the Department of Psychiatry at Cambridge Health Alliance, and Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the Harvard Medical School
Online Registration: Available via Eventbrite
- Early Bird Registration Rates (closed May 1, 2019 11:59pm EST)
- Regular Registration Rates (after May 2, 2019 12:00am EST)
- AMCD Student Member Rate: $90
- Non-member Student Rate: $130
- AMCD Professional Member Rate: $170
- Non-member Professional Rate: $210
Note: Registration prices do not include fees charged by Eventbrite
Event Facilities and Hotel
Summit activities will be held at the Morgridge International Reading Center (MIRC)
University of Central Florida (UCF) campus
4000 Central Florida Blvd. Orlando, FL 32816
AMCD has contracted a $139 room rate for June 20-23, 2019 at The DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando East-UCF Area
12125 High Tech Ave. Orlando, FL 32817
Reserve Now: http://group.doubletree.com/AMCD-Summit
Note: Discounted rate is only guaranteed for the first 100 rooms. Reservations must be received by June 1, 2019
AMCD is seeking additional sponsors and exhibitors for the 2019 Summit. For more information, please complete the following Sponsor/Exhibitor interest form and send to email@example.com. American Counseling Association (ACA) Divisions interested in exhibiting their division and co-sponsoring an allotted concurrent session at the Summit, please complete the sponsor/exhibitor interest form and contact firstname.lastname@example.org for session information.
For more information on the AMCD 2019 Multicultural and Social Justice Counseling Summit, contact Adrienne Erby (email@example.com), Summit Coordinator and Planning Committee Chair.
We hope to see you in Orlando in June!