As a 2018-2019 presidential initiative, the Association for Multicultural Counseling and Development (AMCD) is proud to present the Multicultural and Social Justice Counseling Summit June 21-22, 2019 in Orlando, Florida. Join AMCD for a 2-day Summit focusing on the role of counselors in responding to mental health disparities with racially/ethnically marginalized populations.
- To engage counseling practitioners, educators, trainees and related professionals in interdisciplinary dialogue on mental health disparities with racially/ethnically marginalized populations across multiple identities.
- To disseminate multicultural research addressing mental health disparities.
- To center the Multicultural and Social Justice Counseling Competencies (MSJCC; 2015) in social justice action through individual counseling and community advocacy.
- To empower counseling practitioners, educators, trainees and related professionals with strategies and best practices for counseling advocacy at individual, community and public policy levels.
Here’s what to expect leading up to the AMCD Summit in June 2019:
|September 2018||November 2018||December 2018||February 2019||April 2019||May 2019|
|Call for presentation proposals||Online registration opens||Presentation proposals due||Notification of proposal decisions||Full program available||Early bird registration closes|
Call for Volunteers
- Applications are open for on-site volunteers during the Summit. If interested, please fill out the following form: Volunteer Application
- With limited positions available, volunteers will receive confirmation of selection via email no later than February 2, 2019. Contact Tiphanie Gonzalez (email@example.com), Volunteer Coordinator, for more information.
Call for Proposals: Due December 15, 2018
- Proposal Submission Types:
- 30-minute posters (for students only)
- 60-minute education sessions
- 90-minute education sessions
- Online submission portal: https://goo.gl/forms/QvnpCTY71w0bUezL2
- For questions or concerns regarding presentation proposals, contact Kim Lee Hughes (firstname.lastname@example.org) or June Hyun (email@example.com), Program Subcommittee Co-Chairs.
Online Registration: Available November 2018
- Early Bird Fees (by May 1, 2019 11:59pm EST)
- AMCD Student Member Rate: $75
- Non-member Student Rate: $115
- AMCD Professional Member Rate: $150
- Non-member Professional Rate: $190
- Regular Registration fees (after May 2, 2019 12:00am EST)
- AMCD Student Member Rate: $90
- Non-member Student Rate: $130
- AMCD Professional Member Rate: $170
- Non-member Professional Rate: $210
For more information on the AMCD 2019 Multicultural and Social Justice Counseling Summit, contact Adrienne Erby (firstname.lastname@example.org), Coordinator and Summit Planning Committee Chair.
We hope to see you in Orlando in June!