JOURNAL OF MULTICULTURAL COUNSELING AND DEVELOPMENT
The Association for Multicultural Counseling and Development (AMCD) seeks applications for
the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Multicultural Counseling and Development. The Editor will
serve an initial 3-year term, with potential for re-appointment to a second 3-year term.
Interested persons are asked to submit a letter of interest discussing their multicultural
scholarship, journal and other editorial experience, vision for the Journal, a current CV, three
samples of scholarly work, evidence of ACA and AMCD membership, and a letter of support for
Journal operations from their institution. The letter from the institution should detail the nature of that support (e.g., graduate assistants, computers, course release, etc.). Finalists will be
interviewed via Zoom by the search committee during the weeks of August 17 and 24, 2020.
Applications and any related questions may be sent to Courtland Lee, Ph.D., Co-Chair of the
Search Committee firstname.lastname@example.org
Application materials will be due July 31, 2020, with a decision made no later than October 1, 2020.
Job Duties and Description
The role of the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal for Multicultural Counseling and Development
(JMCD) is to ensure the successful publication of the Journal that represents the interests and
mission of AMCD. Duties of the Editor-in-Chief include, but may not be limited to the
1. Reviewing, editing, and preparing at least two to four issues of the Journal per year.
2. Being responsible for all communications between the Journal and the Publisher (Wiley)
in terms of adhering to publication schedules, marketing, and related Journal business.
3. Editorial management and administrative duties to include: facilitating meetings with the
editorial board, editorial staff, emerging reviewers, and the Consulting Elders Council.
4. Providing and promoting innovative ways to advance engagement of multicultural
scholarship between journal and readership
5. Reporting to and participating in AMCD Executive Council activities to include:
preparing an annual report and budget statement and attending AMCD executive council
6. Holding meetings at the annual ACA conference with the JMCD editorial board and
prospective scholars interested in publishing in JMCD
7. Having regular communications with the ACA Council of Journal Editors.
For a more detailed job description, please contact Dr. Lee.